Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Paws Up

Webster and I started working with low-valued treats. You will see how much more responsive he is when I upped the treat value.

We continued to work in the parking lot on a post.



Webster and I have been adding Distance in Paws Up. We took this outside and could not get beyond 2 feet....we will continue to work on Distance.

3 comments:

  1. Nice generalization of the first part of the behavior, Karen.

    Now, as we discussed this morning, time to drop the hand signal and use the verbal cue.

    Back to training in a controlled environment (home) adding distance, adding duration, moving to the vertical surface (all trained separately).

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT rate of reinforcement! GREAT timing! And a perfect example of adding the cue WHILE Webster is headed toward the chair to Paws Up.
    Another good way of adding distance is YOU staying in the same place and gradually tossing the treat further away so that he travels further to get the treat and then, to return to the job.

    Next time you train this, once you get him quickly returning to the job at hand, instead of working on Distance, work on dropping the hand "cue" and see what happens. Does he still understand what you are paying for?

    Lots of ways to vary this training. You're doing a nice job on this behavior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. And I like that you are continuing to add subsequent training to the same post. It's nice to see the behavior progress.....and all on the same page.

    ReplyDelete