Sunday, September 26, 2010

TRAINING Vested/Non Vested Behavior (L3)

And just what, then IS a training session?
I love Wal-Mart for training.  It’s got totally quiet aisles; it’s got busy aisles; it’s got merchandise; it’s got wheelchairs and electric scooters I can borrow; it’s got children and people with canes.  It’s perfect.  And sometimes I buy things in Wal-Mart.  Here’s where I have to pay attention.  If I’m going to Wal-Mart to buy a mat, that’s not a training session.  If I’m going to Wal-Mart to train my dog, that IS a training session.  I might even buy a mat while I’m there.
What’s the difference?  A Training Session has a goal.  It has a plan.  It has treats.  It’s focused on the dog’s behavior and state of mind, and it’s documented.

NON-VESTED

1

2

VESTED


3

4

5

6

7

8


NON-VESTED

9

10

11

12

13


VESTED

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23



No comments:

Post a Comment