Monday, November 15, 2010

MILESTONE: Rooster and Lily



Rooster and Lily met their first bagpipes today.

The piper is the father of a Navy SEAL serving in Pakistan.


Other MILESTONES experienced by Rooster today:
  • Over 5 minute OOS with another handler
  • Remaining in control in the open car w/ no barking while strange dogs walked close-by and next to the car. (no clicker, no treats, no cues)
  • Walking to and on the beach with dogs and smells everywhere, keeping a LL. (Leash: L4)
  • Running off leash on the beach (a milestone for me, Rooster was fine with it)
  • Recall on beach......carrying his leash.....and then off leash recall
  • Sharing the back of the car with Lily as we drove to lunch at the Base.

Easily 45 dogs passed within 5' of Rooster
(including 5 who came up nose to nose)
and Rooster's demeanor never changed.
Cathy just "expected" good manners
and that's exactly what she got.


Lily and I were in our car right beside them
and doing the same thing.
Cathy and I just sat and chatted for over half an hour
while R and L relaxed and watched every breed of dog in the entire world walk by.








2 comments:

  1. With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.
    ~Thomas Foxwell Buxton

    Cathy, you are my inspiration! I sure miss having you guys to train with. Brings tears to my eyes, how much I miss you all and how PROUD I am of you! And LYNN, what an extraordinary mentor you are! To have you by ones side figuratively and literally is such an amazing blessing! WELL DONE!!! WELL DONE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,
    this is truly a beautiful sight! I'm so proud of you guys! And this from the gal who only wanted to take her dog for a walk!! AWESOME JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete